Please note that your kindergartener must be five years old by September 30, 2017 in order to enroll.
Per Virginia school division partner guidelines, applicants for the Virginia Virtual Academy must meet the following criteria:
- 1st-9th grade applicants must submit a prior year Report Card indicating 90% attendance rate with no more than 5 days absent in any given marking period.
- The report card for 1st–3rd grade applicants must indicate on- or above-grade-level reading proficiency.
- 10th grade applicants must submit their final 9th grade transcript indicating each of the following:
- 90% attendance rate with no more than 5 days absent in any given marking period
- Completion of 5 units of credit
- Pass 3 core courses
- 4th–8th grade applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- 9th–10th grade applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- 4th–10th grade applicants who attended a Virginia public school during school year 2016–2017, must submit a Spring 2017 SOL score report indicating a scaled score of at least 375 for reading and math, and if applicable, science and/or history
- 4th–10th grade out of state, private, and prior year home school applicants must provide independently proctored standardized test results for reading and math indicating grade level proficiency.
- Acceptable standardized tests:
- All tests administered outside a testing facility must be administered by a state certified teacher. Copy of proctors teaching license and letter verifying that student took the test independently is required.
- Iowa Basic (ITBS)
- Stanford 10
- Woodcock Johnson
- Standardized test results from states other than Virginia